The Wound Care Consultant coordinates treatment to provide comprehensive wound assessments and plan of care including goals, implementation, evaluation of outcomes for patients experiencing complex wound care needs.
The Wound Care Consultant duties include:
- Registered Nurse.
- BSN or equivalent work experience.
- Certification in Wound Care
- Clinical background working with children with special health care needs.
- Experience and understanding of community resources and pediatric tertiary care centers.
- Current Washington State nursing license.
- At time of hire: Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers is required for all positions. Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be accepted in lieu of BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- As a condition of employment: Current BLS for Health Care Providers is to be maintained at all times by all nurses. Note: current PALS and/or PEARS will be accepted in lieu of BLS, and must be maintained as current at all times. Employees are responsible for any costs (including time away from work) associated with obtaining PALS or PEARS certification if it is not a requirement of the position. (ACLS will not be accepted as a substitute to the requirements listed above.)
- Experience (2 years) as a wound care RN
- Master’s Degree in Nursing Administration
- Education and training experience.