Provides program coordination and operational support for Heart Center programs and leadership, inclusive of providers, team members, UW partners and others as assigned. Responsibilities include collaboration with internal and external colleagues as well as organization, prioritization, and coordination of information and resources in support of Heart Center programs and operations. Requires the ability to work independently, think critically, and exercise sound judgement and decision making. Additional duties and functions to include providing exceptional customer service to constituents and visitors; creating, typing, editing, and proofreading various department documents; supporting committees as needed; creating and maintaining filing systems; scheduling meetings and arranging travel; entering, extracting, and analyzing data into reports and presentations; coordinating and monitoring budget preparation; auditing or reconciling financial statements and invoices; and managing workload required to complete projects in a timely manner as well as manage day-to-day operationally focused work.
A program is a specialized area with specific complex components and discrete tasks which distinguish it from the main body of the organization. A program is specific to a particular subject. The specialized tasks involve interpretation of policies, procedures and regulations, independent functioning and public contact. Duties are not of a general support nature easily transferable from one program to another. Performance of administrative/clerical duties is in support of the incumbent's performance of specific programmatic tasks.
- High school graduate or equivalent GED.
- Minimum of two (2) years college coursework in Business, Healthcare, Human Services or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible experience in administration/ customer service, healthcare or related area in a hospital/research setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in an academic medicine based environment
- Project management assistance experience
- Experience with interdisciplinary projects
- Familiarity and experience using lean principles