Provides medical supervision and leadership to the Urgent Care/Fast Track (described as “urgent care; UC” in document) program, including supervision of physician and APP providers. Strategizes with UC leadership regarding structure, direction, implementation and assessment of current and future urgent care operations. Supervises and provides medical care in assigned areas to ensure coordination of care with patients and providers, and collaboration with Seattle Children’s leadership, nursing, medical and surgical subspecialty services, community physicians and ancillary health team providers. Ensures quality of patient care and service, incorporating patient centered care and quality standards, and integration of these services with Seattle Children’s values, goals, vision and philosophy.
- MD or DO degree
- Board certification in Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Medical Staff membership and appropriate clinical privileges at Seattle Children’s
- Licensed as a Physician in the State of Washington
- Federal DEA Registration
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Prior to start of employment, must obtain, and maintain in good standing, medical or allied health professional staff privileges that are not limited, revoked, suspended, conditioned, or probationary, except for normal probationary periods due to initial appointment. All medical and allied health professional staff members are provisional for the first year.
- Any and all medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children's will terminate automatically upon the termination of the individual's employment at Children's. Termination of employment does not prohibit the individual from seeking medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children’s as a non-employee in any category for which the individual qualifies. Questions regarding medical or allied health professional staff privileges may be directed to Medical Staff Services.
- 3+ years Leadership experience in pediatric urgent care.
- Subspecialty certification a plus