Coordinate and perform functions related to medical and allied health professional staff credentialing, reappointment, and privileging. Assures credentialing, reappointment, and privileging is completed in accordance with the Medical Staff Bylaws, policies and procedures, Joint Commission, NCQA, and federal and state standards/requirements. Organize and support medical staff meetings and communication activities.
Why you'll love working at Seattle Children's:
We're proud of the awards that recognize the quality of care we give our patients and families, and the supportive work environment we provide for our nurses and other health professionals.
We are Ranked Top 10 in the Country: U.S. News & World Report ranked Seattle Children's No. 5 in the country among the nation's best children's hospitals for 2015-16. We are honored to be selected for the 23rd consecutive year and are the only pediatric medical center in Washington to be ranked.
Best Place to Work: Our positive work environment has been recognized by third parties, including Becker's Hospital Review in its 2014 list of 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare. The organizations on the list were chosen for their robust benefits packages, positive work environments, excellent employee recognition programs and opportunities for professional development and continuing education.
America's Best Employers: Ranked #10, nationally, Seattle Children's hospital was the only health care institution in Washington State to make the Forbes' "America's Best Employers" list for 2016. .
1) Ability to critically analyze and apply standards to information submitted by the providers
2) Ability to communicate appropriate and effectively with providers, including sensitive and confidential information
3) Management of multiple deadlines on a weekly and monthly basis. Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines on an ongoing basis to ensure timely completion according to process requirements
4) Management of initial application process during several high volume times of year
5) Ability to manage work flow in a complex and dynamic environment through the use of technology
6) Detail oriented and highly accurate
7) Demonstrates strong work ethic and maintains high expectation of individual work product.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum two years of experience in the areas of customer service, office and/or project management.
- Minimum one year of experience in a medical/healthcare office setting.
- Experience in coordinating meetings and taking minutes.
- Associate degree in healthcare related field.
- Experience working as a credentialing assistant or analyst (can be in a medical staff office, health plan or medical group).
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Certification as a CMSC (Certified Medical Staff Coordinator) or CPCS (Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist).