Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s –- to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
– SHUTTLE DRIVER PER DIEM –
Our founding promise to the community is as valid today as it was over a century ago: we will care for all children in our region, regardless of the families’ ability to pay. Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research, and serve as the pediatric and adolescent, academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho – the largest region of any children’s hospital in the country.
In 2018, U.S. News & World Report once again ranked Seattle Children’s among the nation's best children's hospitals – for the 26th year in a row. We received national rankings in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report, and are honored to be the only pediatric medical center in Washington to be ranked.
As a Magnet designated institution, we recognize the importance of hiring and developing great talent to provide best-in-class care to the patients and families we serve. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation. Whether it is delivering frontline care to our patients and families, or the day-to-day interactions with our colleagues, our values are the fabric of our culture and community.
The Shuttle Driver will transport staff and clients to the hospital and between various off-site work locations and parking lots in a prompt, friendly, and safe manner; document passenger’s usage of shuttle services via on-board card reader or manually. Responsible for the safe transportation of Seattle Children’s staff, patients, families, and professional associates to various work locations and parking lots, or to special events, using vehicles designed to transport at least 14 passengers. Provide excellent customer service. Demonstrate professional driving skills at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to successfully pass a road test in a shuttle vehicle
- Must have customer service experience
- Must have a current acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) reviewed by Seattle Children's Risk Management officer prior to start of employment.
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining a Class C Commercial Driver's License with a Passenger Endorsement within 3 months of start date or internal transfer.
- Current Washington State Driver’s License.
- Must have an active US DOT Medical Card obtained through a certified medical examiner.
- Class C Commercial Driver’s License with a Passenger Endoresment or obtain both within 3 months of start date or internal transfer
PLEASE NOTE: After the applicant passes a road test and all back ground checks, we will pay for the training required to obtain a Commercial Drivers license.
- At least (1) year professional driving experience
- Have a Class C driver’s license with a Passenger Endorsement
- Have a Class B Commercial Driver’s License with a Passenger Endorsement
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.