Supports the Research Institute’s analytics and visualization needs by using technical expertise to design, create, and develop analytical solutions and by providing internal consultation and project management. The incumbent provides leadership in the facilitating and gathering of business requirements and provides knowledge in business/clinical processes, analytical expertise, technical programming skills, and strong leadership skills in working with key stakeholders, end users, and project team members. This position identifies and resolves issues throughout the development of analytical solutions and is accountable for identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in workflow processes in the implementation of these solutions. Primary responsibility is the design, creation, and deployment of analytical solutions for Executive leadership and other key stakeholders within the organization. The incumbent is responsible for frequently taking a formal or informal lead on project tasks and leads efforts to design and implement analytic solutions including reports, dashboards, and views from a wide range of existing data sources in addition to providing leadership in evaluating and optimizing these solutions. The incumbent also assures integrity of the data for current and future use in strategic initiatives, continuous quality improvement efforts and hospital goals, and for insuring the sustainability and adaptability of all developed solutions.
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights:
- Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children’s is recognized as a leading teaching, research, and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
- Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work–life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
- Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
- Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Science, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience/technical training that demonstrates analytical and technical competency
- Minimum five (5) years experience in progressively more responsible work as a data analyst, developer or equivalent in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrated excellence in database management
- Experience matching data management solutions to available resources
- Experience designing and implementing data management solutions for clinical studies
- Experience with data visualization (preferred tools Tableau, PowerBI)
- At least three (3) years managing medium to large projects using standard project management skills, tools and methodologies
- Experience with clinical, hospital and/or financial applications and/or systems
- Experience working with clinicians and other supporting personnel on data workflows
- Experience working with the database development life cycle
- Utilizes established data analysis methods for analyzing qualitative or quantitative data
- Experience with Cerner, Epic or similar software product
- Experience using REDCap
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.