Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s –- to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
Our founding promise to the community is as valid today as it was over a century ago: we will care for all children in our region, regardless of the families’ ability to pay. Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research, and serve as the pediatric and adolescent, academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho – the largest region of any children’s hospital in the country.
In 2019, U.S. News & World Report once again ranked Seattle Children’s among the nation's best children's hospitals – for the 27th year in a row. We received national rankings in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report, and are honored to be the only pediatric medical center in Washington to be ranked.
As a Magnet designated institution, and classified among America’s best large employers by Forbes, we recognize the importance of hiring and developing great talent to provide best-in-class care to the patients and families we serve. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation. Whether it’s delivering frontline care to our patients in a kind and caring manner, practicing the highest standards of quality and safety, or being relentlessly curious as we work towards eradicating childhood diseases, these values are the fabric of our culture and community. The future starts here.
Seattle Children's is seeking an experienced Client Engineer to help engineer and lead the technical direction of our diverse client OS fleet.
Provide Seattle Children’s Hospital with architectural, engineering, and technical leadership for the enterprise wide client facing OS fleet. Provide escalation support for issues that cannot be resolved by junior engineers. Provide instruction, direction and quality assurance of other engineers. Owns both the design and management of the core client operating systems across laptop, desktop, and mobile environments. Works directly with business customers to identify requirements and create technical solutions to satisfy those requirements. Lead and manage projects in collaboration with business requirements and other infrastructure teams. Help train and mentor junior engineers. Review and contribute to documentation relevant to services e.g. Design, Configuration Management, Service Transition to Support, Standard Operating Procedures, SLAs, OLAs. Supports the management of Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, BYOD, and iOS suite of information system(s) and processes with the goal to meet or exceed defined service levels for application and desktop delivery.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or related field OR equivalent work experience in a technical discipline related to Information Technology that demonstrates technical competency
- Minimum seven (7) years hands on Client Engineering experience with a focus on broad platform development and deployment
- Minimum of three (3) years as a senior level Client Engineer
- Minimum three (3) years experience managing MDM/EMM infrastructures supporting both business owned and BYOD, with progressive increase in responsibility
- Proven Experience in SCCM / ConfigMgr
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Intune
- Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Advanced experience managing MacOS in the enterprise
- Enterprise experience with Dell/WYSE or other Thin Client management.
- Experience in tooling and automation using PowerShell, Chef, Puppet or other scripting languages