Seattle Children's is committed to Innovation as a value, and the Innovation team is built to enable our staff and faculty to help solve our biggest problems to achieve our mission to provide hope, care, and cures.
Work closely with specialists, such as Engineers and Product Managers, in the Innovation team to incorporate customer and user experience, market trends and analyses, and design intent into the assessment and development of product ideas for Seattle Children’s and healthcare. Use customer focus groups, surveys, interviews, and other customer-centric techniques to understand the problem from the user’s perspective. With engineering, sketch out concepts, create renderings, and designs products based on the customer needs and requirements. Work with other specialists to ensure that cost, manufacturability, product safety, form, and function meets the product requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial design, architecture, engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working as an Industrial Designer.
- Experience with Human-Centered Design or Design Thinking to build a solution that is customer-centric.
- Experience in customer focus groups, surveys, or interviews to understand the customer’s needs.
- Proficiency using business/technical software like MS Excel, Word, and CAD.
- Demonstrated successful portfolio of designs and products that solves problems.
- Seven (7) to Ten (10) years of experience working as an Industrial Designer.
- UX design experience.
- Experience in healthcare environment.
- Hands-on experience through the full product development cycle, including assessment, concept ideation, design, prototype, working with manufacturers to approve tooling, and final production.
- General knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement and or Kaizen experience.