Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s – to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
As one of the nation's top five pediatric research centers, Seattle Children's Research Institute is dedicated to providing hope, care, and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible.
Our investigators are involved in hundreds of projects that cover every phase of research, from studying how diseases work to improving investigational therapies. They have pioneered groundbreaking cystic fibrosis treatments and cutting-edge cancer therapies that help a child's immune system defeat cancer, and made other major contributions to pediatric medicine.
Researchers work in close collaboration with one another, their colleagues at partner institutions including the University of Washington and Fred Hutch and our healthcare providers at Seattle Children's Hospital, one of U.S. News & World Report’s top children's hospitals. This collaboration is one of our key strengths, allowing our faculty to draw on a variety of disciplines and techniques as they pursue solutions to some of medicine's most complex problems.
We are committed to not only treating disease but to eliminating it. Help us achieve our vision of being a worldwide leader in pediatric research aimed to improve the health and well-being of children. If you are interested in a challenging career aimed at groundbreaking research, Seattle Children's Research Institute is the place for you.
The Immunotherapy Integration Hub (IIH) at Seattle Children’s Research Institute (SCRI) seeks to develop innovative new cellular therapies and translate these advances to groundbreaking clinical trials for children with the most aggressive forms of cancer. We are seeking a bright, enthusiastic, highly-motivated, and experienced molecular, cellular, and in vivo biologist to join the Therapeutic Innovation Core (TIC). This position contributes to a team focused on translating tumor immunotherapy from the bench into pediatric patients with cancer. We look for people who are inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial spirit of our research team culture.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and analyze the potential of lentiviral vectors carrying variable payloads, including but not limited to, chimeric antigen receptors (CAR), to transduce T cells in vivo. Furthermore, this position will develop and characterize CAR T cells that bind to antigen-independent small molecule conjugates as a universal CAR approach. Under the direction of a senior research scientist, the successful candidate will use her/his established molecular/cellular/in vivo biology skill sets to construct lentiviral or plasmid vectors, create primary T cell lines, and evaluate therapeutics via in vivo tumor models.
The ideal candidate will have significant work experience in molecular biology, immunology, tissue culture, flow cytometry, and in vivo tumor models. The candidate will be extensively involved in designing experiments, implementing new strategies, generating data, analyzing results and preparing reports, in support of funded research studies. To ensure successful project completion and teamwork, she/he must have critical thinking abilities, be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines, and must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. The candidate will be required to participate and present data in weekly lab meetings and maintain up-to-date and well-organized electronic lab notebook.
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights:
- Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children’s is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
- Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work–life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
- Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
- Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a scientific discipline or related field.
- Minimum five years of related experience with a strong publication record (May require a PhD for certain lab specialties. If Master's prepared, minimum three years of related experience in a field of scientific study).
- Experience analyzing data using imaging software
- Experience with laboratory coordination.
- PhD in molecular or cellular biology, biochemistry, neuroscience, or a related area
- Substantial prior experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, and tissue culture techniques
- Familiarity with mouse brain development.
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.