Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s –- to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
Our founding promise to the community is as valid today as it was over a century ago: we will care for all children in our region, regardless of the families’ ability to pay. Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research, and serve as the pediatric and adolescent, academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho – the largest region of any children’s hospital in the country.
In 2019, U.S. News & World Report once again ranked Seattle Children’s among the nation's best children's hospitals – for the 27th year in a row. We received national rankings in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report, and are honored to be the only pediatric medical center in Washington to be ranked.
As a Magnet designated institution, and classified among America’s best large employers by Forbes, we recognize the importance of hiring and developing great talent to provide best-in-class care to the patients and families we serve. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation. Whether it’s delivering frontline care to our patients in a kind and caring manner, practicing the highest standards of quality and safety, or being relentlessly curious as we work towards eradicating childhood diseases, these values are the fabric of our culture and community. The future starts here.
Responsible to work with key stakeholders, end users, and team members to identify and resolve issues throughout system development phases of assessment, design build, testing, training, and implementation. Position provides ongoing support of clinical application systems as needed in support of project operations. Responsible for taking a senior role on tasks and mentoring other clinical systems analysts as appropriate. May direct the work of other staff members or contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or a related field OR a combination of education/experience that demonstrates technical competence
- Minimum of five (5) years with experience with clinical, hospital and/or financial applications and systems.
- Proven experience and knowledge of project management skills, tools and methodologies
- Proven experience leading committees, projects and activities
- Proven ability to fully use and apply standard principles, theories and concepts related to technical discipline
- Epic Certification required (Epic certification is required within 6 months of employment, including 2 test retakes)
- Epic credentialing in the ASAP application and experience supporting Emergency Department build and operations.
- At least five (5) years work experience with Epic Hyperspace applications.
- Other valuable Epic credentials and experience could include Orders Transmittal, Care Everywhere, Data Courier, Inpatient Orders, BPAs, and Cache/MUMPS.
- Experience supporting a go-live and command center for ED or Inpatient
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.