Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s –- to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
Our founding promise to the community is as valid today as it was over a century ago: we will care for all children in our region, regardless of the families’ ability to pay. Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research, and serve as the pediatric and adolescent, academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho – the largest region of any children’s hospital in the country.
In 2019, U.S. News & World Report once again ranked Seattle Children’s among the nation's best children's hospitals – for the 27th year in a row. We received national rankings in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report, and are honored to be the only pediatric medical center in Washington to be ranked.
As a Magnet designated institution, and classified among America’s best large employers by Forbes, we recognize the importance of hiring and developing great talent to provide best-in-class care to the patients and families we serve. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation. Whether it’s delivering frontline care to our patients in a kind and caring manner, practicing the highest standards of quality and safety, or being relentlessly curious as we work towards eradicating childhood diseases, these values are the fabric of our culture and community. The future starts here.
Security Services is committed to the highest quality of security, safety and service. Security Services focuses on proactive measures of prevention to create and maintain a safe and secure hospital environment. Security Services staff enforce the policies and procedures of Seattle Children’s while maintaining the utmost respect and support for its patients, families, visitors and staff.
Cloud computing allows providers to deliver high-quality, personalized care. Seattle Children’s Hospital is leveraging this technology to gain efficiencies, optimize workflows, lower the costs associated with healthcare delivery and offer personalization in care plans to improve outcomes.
The Senior Cloud Security Engineer will have focus in reviewing and engineering cloud-based infrastructure and the security requirements required while enabling the workforce in a changing work landscape focused on always available data that is user centric under a zero-trust approach. Perform security assessments of private, public, or hybrid cloud environments that may include vulnerability and risk assessments, threat analysis, and security code reviews to identify potential design and implementation vulnerabilities. Designs and develops security features for protecting data where it exists including systems, applications and/or solutions. Integrates new security features and updates into existing solutions and ensures the security of all solutions is maintained throughout the data lifecycle. Provides security engineering recommendations as related to accessing and storing of data in a cloud-based infrastructure, internally developed mobile apps or software solutions. Builds a standardized set of security product requirements and produces metrics to report performance against those requirements. Reviews and defines security diagnostics and tools to facilitate the analysis and reporting of security events. Detects and mitigates security risks, responds to security incidents, and works with customers regarding security related issues. Leads or participates in security architecture and design review meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 8-12 years related experience or Master’s degree and 5-7 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 2-4 years of experience.
- 6+ years of experience in the cybersecurity, IT, or engineering fields; with at least 2 years in a security engineer role.
- Microsoft Certification: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty
- Strong understanding of security controls/services in public private, and multi-cloud environments.
- Experience in threat detection, monitoring, log management, incident response, and forensics specific to cloud-based infrastructure.
- Experience in IAM, secrets management, encryption technologies, OS security hardening, SaaS services hardening, and container security.
- Proficient in automation and scripting in a programming language such as Python or Go.
- Experience with Linux administration, shell scripting, and open source security tools.
- Experience securing infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, YAML, etc.
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering.
- Experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures as related to cloud-based technologies.
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures.
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications.
- Experienced working with NIST 800-53 framework in support of meeting regulatory compliance.
- Desired Certifications: CISSP, GIAC, or CCSP certification preferred
- Experience with cloud security tools or products such as Redlock, Twistlock, Aquasec, etc.
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.