Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s – to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
As one of the nation's top five pediatric research centers, Seattle Children's Research Institute is dedicated to providing hope, care, and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible.
Our investigators are involved in hundreds of projects that cover every phase of research, from studying how diseases work to improving investigational therapies. They have pioneered groundbreaking cystic fibrosis treatments and cutting-edge cancer therapies that help a child's immune system defeat cancer, and made other major contributions to pediatric medicine.
Researchers work in close collaboration with one another, their colleagues at partner institutions including the University of Washington and Fred Hutch and our healthcare providers at Seattle Children's Hospital, one of U.S. News & World Report’s top children's hospitals. This collaboration is one of our key strengths, allowing our faculty to draw on a variety of disciplines and techniques as they pursue solutions to some of medicine's most complex problems.
We are committed to not only treating disease but to eliminating it. Help us achieve our vision of being a worldwide leader in pediatric research aimed to improve the health and well-being of children. If you are interested in a challenging career aimed at groundbreaking research, Seattle Children's Research Institute is the place for you.
TB remains a serious global health problem and there is an urgent need for new therapeutic agents. Work within our group focusses on the development of new anti-tubercular agents. The Parish Lab (https://www.linkedin.com/in/tanya-parish-a564056/) is seeking a qualified chemist at the post-doctoral level to conduct synthetic/medicinal chemistry in the area of tuberculosis. The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary research environment, interacting with microbiologists in a project aimed at the design, synthesis and characterization of small molecules targeting respiration in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. A PhD in organic and/or medicial chemistry is required.
Description of Responsibilities:
• Conduct a research and development project.
• Design and implement research plans.
• Troubleshoot and solve experimental and technical problems.
• Prepare and present papers, reports, and presentations of current research work.
• Write manuscripts and assist with grant preparation.
• Maintain a laboratory book reporting all research conducted as part of project.
• Oversee quality control and data integrity.
Specific duties include:
• Design, synthesis and purification of small molecules as candidate anti-tubercular agents.
• Use of analytical chemistry techniques.
• ADME and pharmacokinetic studies of novel small molecules.
- PhD in specialty area from an accredited university training program
- Experience using basic research techniques of specialty area
- Previous experience conducting research in the pediatric arena
- Experience in protocol and manuscript development and in grant writing
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.