Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s – to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
As one of the nation's top five pediatric research centers, Seattle Children's Research Institute is dedicated to providing hope, care, and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible.
Our investigators are involved in hundreds of projects that cover every phase of research, from studying how diseases work to improving investigational therapies. They have pioneered groundbreaking cystic fibrosis treatments and cutting-edge cancer therapies that help a child's immune system defeat cancer, and made other major contributions to pediatric medicine.
Researchers work in close collaboration with one another, their colleagues at partner institutions including the University of Washington and Fred Hutch and our healthcare providers at Seattle Children's Hospital, one of U.S. News & World Report’s top children's hospitals. This collaboration is one of our key strengths, allowing our faculty to draw on a variety of disciplines and techniques as they pursue solutions to some of medicine's most complex problems.
We are committed to not only treating disease but to eliminating it. Help us achieve our vision of being a worldwide leader in pediatric research aimed to improve the health and well-being of children. If you are interested in a challenging career aimed at groundbreaking research, Seattle Children's Research Institute is the place for you.
The Data Engineer responsibilites include building a data processing pipeline that collects, connects, centralizes, and curates data from various internal and external sources using a variety of languages and tools to marry systems together for the Enterprise Data Warehouse. Develop highly scalable and reliable data engineering solutions for moving data efficiently across systems; design, implement, test, and deploy data processing infrastructure; perform work in an Agile team setting; break down, estimate, and provide just-in-time design for small increments of work. This role is pivotal to the mission and vision of Seattle Children’s Enterprise Analytics team to transform healthcare for children by providing patient safety, predictive analysis to cure diseases, and lowering cost of treatement.
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights:
- Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children’s is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
- Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work–life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
- Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
- Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience/technical training that demonstrates analytical and technical competency.
- Minimum of two (2) years' of experience in the technology industry or related experience, including items such as:
- Build highly scalable, scaled-out architectures on large scale database platforms.
- Experience working in a complex data infrastructure environment.
- Two (2) years' of experience in a data engineering role.
- Data pipeline development experience with industry standard data integration tools.
- Advanced competency in SQL with ability to perform query optimization in large scale database platforms.
- Experience in SDLC process with requirements gathering, analysis, architecture, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and technical support.
- Experience with any industry standard tool for Source Control and Project Management.
- Experience wrting test cases and test scripts for data quality assurance.
- Experience creating stored procedures and functions.
- Experience developing dimensional data model with any industry standard tool.
- Experience in Healthcare or related industry.
- Experience utilizing Netezza, Datastage, BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence a plus.
- Experience productizing/automating predictive models that use R, SAS, Python, SPSS, etc.
- Continuous delivery and deployment automation for analytic solutions using tools like Bamboo.
- Familiarity with test driven development methodology for analytic solutions.
- API development.
- Data visualization and/or dashboard development.
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.