Hospital About Us:
Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s –- to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
Our founding promise to the community is as valid today as it was over a century ago: we will care for all children in our region, regardless of the families’ ability to pay. Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research, and serve as the pediatric and adolescent, academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho – the largest region of any children’s hospital in the country.
In 2020, U.S. News & World Report once again ranked Seattle Children’s among the nation's best children's hospitals – for the 27th year in a row. We received national rankings in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report, and are honored to be the only pediatric medical center in Washington to be ranked.
As a Magnet designated institution, and classified among America’s best large employers by Forbes, we recognize the importance of hiring and developing great talent to provide best-in-class care to the patients and families we serve. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation. Whether it’s delivering frontline care to our patients in a kind and caring manner, practicing the highest standards of quality and safety, or being relentlessly curious as we work towards eradicating childhood diseases, these values are the fabric of our culture and community. The future starts here.
Develop, build, test, and troubleshoot medication related work within the Epic Willow suite of solutions. Will work collaboratively with other pharmacy informatics personnel for integrated solutions. Maintenance work to include order sets, formulary changes, and CPOE changes. Liaison between pharmacy and IT. Attend and participate at applicable committees (Clinical Standard Work (CSW), P&T, and others). Champion optimizations and enhancements as they become available from Epic. This role will include rotating on-call.
This position will primarily support Beacon protocol and medication build.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Epic certified in modules supported or receive certification within 6 months from employment.
- Experience with interpretation of regulations and implementation, monitoring of systems to meet requirement such as TJC, etc.
- Experience training others.
- Licensed by the Washington State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacist.
- Strong Information Technology skills.
- Strong project management ideologies or experience. Oversaw small to medium projects, end to end.
- Strong Epic Willow build and/or use experience.
- Other EMR experience (Cerner, Meditech, other).
- At least two years experience in a hospital pharmacy with demonstration of increasing responsibility, leadership and thorough understanding of pharmacy and hospital operations and organization.
- Interface HL7 experience.
- Pediatrics experience.
- Previous experience with pharmacy software configuration, testing, and implementation.
In accordance with new Washington law for healthcare workers, Seattle Children’s requires that all staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before October 18, 2021, or before beginning employment for start dates after October 18th.
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.