Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s – to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
As one of the nation's top five pediatric research centers, Seattle Children's Research Institute is dedicated to providing hope, care, and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible.
Our investigators are involved in hundreds of projects that cover every phase of research, from studying how diseases work to improving investigational therapies. They have pioneered groundbreaking cystic fibrosis treatments and cutting-edge cancer therapies that help a child's immune system defeat cancer, and made other major contributions to pediatric medicine.
Researchers work in close collaboration with one another, their colleagues at partner institutions including the University of Washington and Fred Hutch and our healthcare providers at Seattle Children's Hospital, one of U.S. News & World Report’s top children's hospitals. This collaboration is one of our key strengths, allowing our faculty to draw on a variety of disciplines and techniques as they pursue solutions to some of medicine's most complex problems.
We are committed to not only treating disease but to eliminating it. Help us achieve our vision of being a worldwide leader in pediatric research aimed to improve the health and well-being of children. If you are interested in a challenging career aimed at groundbreaking research, Seattle Children's Research Institute is the place for you.
Here is a unique opportunity – Seattle Children’s is building a Therapeutics core to support our mission to provide novel treatments to children. Our vision is to implement a pediatric nonprofit biotech business model to carry this treatment from bench to bedside efficiently and effectively. The Trial Manager will coordinate the planning, implementation and completion of single and multi-site clinical trials, ensuring research projects are conducted in compliance with applicable federal and local regulations, ICH/GCP, organization policies, and institutional/ departmental guidelines. Manage and monitor clinical sites, resources, and vendor(s) as applicable. Develop and maintain study documents including protocols, plans, manuals, subject materials and forms, and assist with development of department infrastructure as required. We are a team of strong people who care deeply about the work we do and try to have fun doing it!
- Bachelor’s Degree in biological sciences or health-related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a clinical research associate or equivalent position, including at least two (2) years managing clinical studies for a sponsor organization, or equivalent application of research methodology in a clinical research setting.
- Experience leading teams in a matrixed environment.
- Experience in Phase 1 & 2 clinical research.
- Experience developing study materials (eg, protocols, plans, manuals).
- Experience evaluating site performance against established criteria.
- Seven (7) years of related experience in an FDA-GCP regulated industry.
- Clinical Research Associate certification.
- Masters Degree in biological sciences or health-related field.
- Experience managing complex oncology clinical trials.
- Experience managing vendor(s), eg,Contract Research Organization (CRO).
- Experience managing pediatric clinical trials.
- Experience working in an academic setting.
- Experience working with Lean or Six Sigma principles.
In accordance with new Washington law for healthcare workers, Seattle Children’s requires that all staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before October 18, 2021, or before beginning employment for start dates after October 18th.
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.