Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s – to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
As one of the nation's top five pediatric research centers, Seattle Children's Research Institute is dedicated to providing hope, care, and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible.
Our investigators are involved in hundreds of projects that cover every phase of research, from studying how diseases work to improving investigational therapies. They have pioneered groundbreaking cystic fibrosis treatments and cutting-edge cancer therapies that help a child's immune system defeat cancer, and made other major contributions to pediatric medicine.
Researchers work in close collaboration with one another, their colleagues at partner institutions including the University of Washington and Fred Hutch and our healthcare providers at Seattle Children's Hospital, one of U.S. News & World Report’s top children's hospitals. This collaboration is one of our key strengths, allowing our faculty to draw on a variety of disciplines and techniques as they pursue solutions to some of medicine's most complex problems.
We are committed to not only treating disease but to eliminating it. Help us achieve our vision of being a worldwide leader in pediatric research aimed to improve the health and well-being of children. If you are interested in a challenging career aimed at groundbreaking research, Seattle Children's Research Institute is the place for you.
Assist research team in working directly with patients and families as related to research studies (registry studies, blood collection studies, etc.) to manage patient visits and research data collection/entry. Assist research team to identify, recruit, schedule and enroll subjects for participation in research studies. Compile and organize and enter research data in various data collection systems.
- Knowledge of software applications, and proficiency using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & Access) and REDCap
- Effective communication and interpersonal skill
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills, and detail-oriented
- Able to work independently and with minimal to moderate supervision
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Able to work under pressure with tight timelines
Position is located at the Laurelhurst Main Campus within the Division of Nephrology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of research-related experience OR Master’s Degree in related discipline and one (1) year of research-related experience.
- Confirmed proficiency in a second language via successful completion of a language assessment may be required for certain departments.
- Master’s Degree in a scientific discipline
- CCRA certification
- Database management skills
- Pediatric research experience.
In accordance with new Washington law for healthcare workers, Seattle Children’s requires that all staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before October 18, 2021, or before beginning employment for start dates after October 18th.
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.