The SC Therapeutics (SCTx) at the Seattle Children's Research Division (SCRD) seeks to develop innovative new cellular therapies and translate these advances to groundbreaking clinical trials for children with the most aggressive forms of cancer. The Department's long-term mission is to eventually replace cancer therapies such as radiation and chemotherapy with "smart" therapies capable of eliminating cancer with precision, leaving the body unharmed.
Seattle Children’s Employer Highlights:
• Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children’s is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
• Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work–life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
• Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
• Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage
This is an opportunity for a Laboratory Assistant III to join the SCTx Lab Operation Team. The Operation Team’s major role is to provide support to the highly dynamic and fast growing Research Labs. Responsibilities for the Laboratory Assistant III will include mainly equipment management, maintenance and purchasing, working closely with Facilities and vendors to request service for equipment, aiding in general laboratory upkeep, and maintaining a constructive laboratory environment. The candidate should have excellent oral, written, and organizational skills, careful attention to detail, highly organized coordination and record keeping, integrity, credibility, and a positive attitude in daily performance. This position will be expected to participate in weekly group meetings and maintain records according to GLP regulations.
- HS Diploma
- Familiarity with research laboratory environments
- Two or more years’ experience in operating and maintenance of Research Bio-medical Lab Equipment.
- Familiarity with research laboratory terminology, lab safety protocols, and equipment, along with the ability to recognize and resolve procedure errors.
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Scientific Research equipment.
In accordance with new Washington law for healthcare workers, Seattle Children’s requires that all staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before October 18, 2021, or before beginning employment for start dates after October 18th.