Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s –- to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
Our founding promise to the community is as valid today as it was over a century ago: we will care for all children in our region, regardless of the families’ ability to pay. Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research, and serve as the pediatric and adolescent, academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho – the largest region of any children’s hospital in the country.
In 2020, U.S. News & World Report once again ranked Seattle Children’s among the nation's best children's hospitals – for the 27th year in a row. We received national rankings in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report, and are honored to be the only pediatric medical center in Washington to be ranked.
As a Magnet designated institution, and classified among America’s best large employers by Forbes, we recognize the importance of hiring and developing great talent to provide best-in-class care to the patients and families we serve. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation. Whether it’s delivering frontline care to our patients in a kind and caring manner, practicing the highest standards of quality and safety, or being relentlessly curious as we work towards eradicating childhood diseases, these values are the fabric of our culture and community. The future starts here.
The Endocrinology/Diabetes clinic provides outpatient care for adrenal disorders, calcium & phosphorus disorders, Type 1 & Type 2 diabetes, gonad disorders, growth hormone deficiencies, lipid disorders, disorders of puberty, and thyroid disorders among others. We also provide inpatient support for newly diagnosed diabetics. Our comprehensive interdisciplinary team includes MDs, Fellows, PAs, NP’s, Nurses, MA’s, RD’s, and Social Workers. Our nursing team supports our patients and serves as the main point of contact for families. Direct patient care includes complex care coordination, teaching and family support. With back office focus on telephone triage and “after-visit” care coordination.
May include work in our secondary regional work sites (Bellevue, Everett, Federal Way) as assigned.
As an integral member of the Health Care Team, the RN functions within the Scope of Practice as defined by the State, the ANA Scope and Standards for Pediatric Nursing Practice, and adheres to Seattle Children’s policies/procedures and guidelines of care. Responsible for providing safe, family centered patient care. Using the Nursing Care Process, the RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care in a collaborative method with the patient and patient’s family, significant others, and members of the health care team. May be required to provide supervision and delegation of tasks to Nurse Technicians, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Medical Assistants, and others as defined by the State Administrative Code. Assists in meeting Seattle Children’s strategic goals by incorporating the initiatives to support the strategic plans into the daily work, i.e. Continuous Performance Improvement (CPI), ART, etc.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Prior experience in a pediatric related health care setting, or a specific area of nursing, may be required for specific departments.
- Per the driver's license requirement noted below, must have a driving record acceptable to Risk Management.
- Current Washington State RN License, or other current state license that the RN is required to work in.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers is required for all positions. Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be accepted in lieu of BLS for Healthcare Providers. ACLS will not be accepted as a substitute to the requirements listed above. Employees are responsible for any costs (including time away from work) associated with obtaining PALS or PEARS certification if it is not a requirement of the position.
- As per the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), for nurses performing moderately complex point of care testing in the following areas, a copy of a diploma or transcript of the highest level of academic achievement to be on record with Human Resources upon hire. For personnel trained outside of the U.S., records of diploma/transcript must provide documented equivalency evaluation by a foreign credentialing agency.
- Endocrinology/Diabetes Clinic
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Pediatric health care nursing experience
In accordance with new Washington law for healthcare workers, Seattle Children’s requires that all staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before October 18, 2021, or before beginning employment for start dates after October 18th.
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.