Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s –- to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
Our founding promise to the community is as valid today as it was over a century ago: we will care for all children in our region, regardless of the families’ ability to pay. Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research, and serve as the pediatric and adolescent, academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho – the largest region of any children’s hospital in the country.
In 2020, U.S. News & World Report once again ranked Seattle Children’s among the nation's best children's hospitals – for the 27th year in a row. We received national rankings in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report, and are honored to be the only pediatric medical center in Washington to be ranked.
As a Magnet designated institution, and classified among America’s best large employers by Forbes, we recognize the importance of hiring and developing great talent to provide best-in-class care to the patients and families we serve. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation. Whether it’s delivering frontline care to our patients in a kind and caring manner, practicing the highest standards of quality and safety, or being relentlessly curious as we work towards eradicating childhood diseases, these values are the fabric of our culture and community. The future starts here.
The APP Hospitalist team will provide care to children hospitalized on various medical specialty teams, including Gastroenterology, Cardiology and Pulmonary. These APPs partner with attending physicians from specialty teams to provide high quality, family centered care. Qualified candidates should be highly skilled in communication, collaboration, and teamwork. Candidates must also be dedicated to providing equitable care and adhere to Seattle Children’s anti-racist policies. A background in related specialties is preferred but comprehensive training will be provided. This team provides coverage 24/7, so rotation through night shift will be required.
- Master’s degree in nursing with a concentration in a pediatric or family nurse practitioner program
- One year work experience in a pediatric or family focused clinical area
- Active, unencumbered registered nurse and advanced registered nurse practitioner licensure in the State of Washington
- Current national certification as a pediatric or family nurse practitioner
- Active Drug Enforcement Authority registration
- At time of hire: Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers is required for all positions. Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be accepted in lieu of BLS for Healthcare Providers
- As a condition of employment: Current BLS for Health Care Providers is to be maintained at all times by all nurses. Note: current PALS and/or PEARS will be accepted in lieu of BLS, and must be maintained as current at all times. Employees are responsible for any costs (including time away from work) associated with obtaining PALS or PEARS certification if it is not a requirement of the position. (ACLS will not be accepted as a substitute to the requirements listed above.)
- Active clinical privileges as an Allied Health Provider, Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Prior to start of employment, must obtain, and maintain in good standing, medical or allied health professional staff privileges that are not limited, revoked, suspended, conditioned, or probationary, except for normal probationary periods due to initial appointment. All medical and allied health professional staff members are provisional for the first year.
- Any and all medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children's will terminate automatically upon the termination of the individual's employment at Children's. Termination of employment does not prohibit the individual from seeking medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children’s as a non-employee in any category for which the individual qualifies. Questions regarding medical or allied health professional staff privileges may be directed to Medical Staff Services.
- For staff that work in schools, prior to the start of employment, individuals are required to submit a copy of a receipt directly to Human Resources (electronically) confirming they have completed the fingerprinting process as outlined by the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- Two years experience in a nurse practitioner role.
- Two years experience in pediatric health care.
In accordance with new Washington law for healthcare workers, Seattle Children’s requires that all staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before October 18, 2021, or before beginning employment for start dates after October 18th.
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.