The Senior Data Engineer responsibilites include building a data processing pipeline that collects, connects, centralizes, and curates data from various internal and external sources using a variety of languages and tools to marry systems together for the Enterprise Data Warehouse. Develop highly scalable and reliable data engineering solutions for moving data efficiently across systems; design, implement, test and deploy data processing infrastructure; perform work in an Agile team setting; and break down, estimate and provide just-in-time design for small increments of work. This role is pivotal to the mission and vision of Seattle Children’s Enterprise Analytics team to transform healthcare for children by providing patient safety, predictive analysis to cure diseases, lowering cost of treatement, etc .
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience/technical training that demonstrates analytical and technical competency
- Minimum of five (5) years technology industry or related experience, including items such as:
- Build highly scalable, scaled-out architectures on large scale database platforms
- Experience working in a complex data infrastructure environment
- Five (5) years of experience in a data engineering role
- Extensive and in depth data pipeline development experience with industry standard data integration tools
- Advanced competency in SQL with ability to perform query optimization in large scale database platforms
- Experience in SDLC process with requirements gathering, analysis, architecture, design, implementation, testing, deployment and technical support.
- Experience with any industry standard tool for Source Control and Project Management
- Experience wrting test cases and test scripts for data quality assurance
- Experience creating stored procedures and functions
- Experience developing dimensional data model with any industry standard tool.
- Experience in Healthcare or related industry
- Experience utilizing Netezza, Datastage, BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence a plus
- Experience productizing/automating predictive models that use R, SAS, Python, SPSS, etc.
- Continuous delivery and deployment automation for analytic solutions
- Familiarity with Agile framework and test driven development methodology for analytic solutions
- API development
- Data visualization and/or dashboard development
This compensation range was calculated based on full-time employment (2080 hours worked per calendar year). Offers are determined by multiple factors including equity, skills, experience, and expertise, and may vary within the range provided.
Seattle Children’s offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
This compensation range is specific to Seattle, positions located outside of Seattle may be compensated differently depending on various factors.
Seattle Children’s offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 403(b), life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more. Click here for more information.
Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s –- to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
Our founding promise to the community is as valid today as it was over a century ago: we will care for all children in our region, regardless of the families’ ability to pay. Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research, and serve as the pediatric and adolescent, academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho – the largest region of any children’s hospital in the country.
In 2022, U.S. News & World Report once again ranked Seattle Children’s among the nation’s best children’s hospitals – for the 30th year in a row. For more than a decade, Seattle Children’s has been nationally ranked in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report. We are honored to be the top-ranked pediatric hospital in Washington and the Pacific Northwest.
As a Magnet designated institution, and classified among America’s best large employers by Forbes, we recognize the importance of hiring and developing great talent to provide best-in-class care to the patients and families we serve. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation. Whether it’s delivering frontline care to our patients in a kind and caring manner, practicing the highest standards of quality and safety, or being relentlessly curious as we work towards eradicating childhood diseases, these values are the fabric of our culture and community. The future starts here.
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.