Maintain mechanical rooms and related equipment. Perform maintenance, repairs, and testing of complex building systems and their controls including utilizing Building Automation Systems for adjustments and repairs. Responsible for maintaining building appearance and condition. Must have excellent mechanical aptitude to perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of building and building systems. May require on call hours. A customer service mindset is a must.
2 years Healthcare experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Five (5) years experience in building/industrial maintenance, including troubleshooting and repairing of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Per the driver's license requirement noted below, must have a driving record acceptable to Risk Management.
- Obtain Washington State driver’s license within 3 months of hire date
- 2 years healthcare experience strongly preferred
- Washington State EL07 Maintenance Electrician. Washington State Electrical Trainee certificate.
- Two (2) years trade school in Building/Industrial Maintenance.
- Five (5) years experience in building/industrial maintenance, including troubleshooting and repairing of mechanical systems in a Healthcare setting.
- An additional license of: journey refrigeration mechanic, refrigeration operating engineer, or a Washington state trade license obtainable within 12 months of hire, and/or equivalent work experience.
Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s –- to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
Our founding promise to the community is as valid today as it was over a century ago: we will care for all children in our region, regardless of the families’ ability to pay. Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research, and serve as the pediatric and adolescent, academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho – the largest region of any children’s hospital in the country.
In 2022, U.S. News & World Report once again ranked Seattle Children’s among the nation’s best children’s hospitals – for the 30th year in a row. For more than a decade, Seattle Children’s has been nationally ranked in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report. We are honored to be the top-ranked pediatric hospital in Washington and the Pacific Northwest.
As a Magnet designated institution, and classified among America’s best large employers by Forbes, we recognize the importance of hiring and developing great talent to provide best-in-class care to the patients and families we serve. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation. Whether it’s delivering frontline care to our patients in a kind and caring manner, practicing the highest standards of quality and safety, or being relentlessly curious as we work towards eradicating childhood diseases, these values are the fabric of our culture and community. The future starts here.
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.