Qualified external applicants are eligible for a $3k sign-on bonus!
Perform moderate to high complexity clinical laboratory tests in an assigned department of the clinical laboratory to provide physicians with rapid and accurate laboratory test results.
(4) 10 hour shifts, Sunday to Wednesday.
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from and accredited institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eligibility for Certification by an agency approved by the U.S. Department of Education or a National Commission for Health Certifying Agencies (NCHCA). Common credentials are granted by ASCP, NCA or AMT. State Certifications are also acceptable. Must obtain certification within six months of hire.
- As per the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), for Clinical Lab Scientist performing moderate or high complex point of care testing, a copy of a diploma or transcript of the highest level of academic achievement to be on record with Human Resources upon hire. For personnel trained outside of the U.S., records of diploma/transcript must provide documented equivalency evaluation by a nationally recognized credentialing agency.
- Clinical Laboratory Experience specific to the current opening.
Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s –- to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
Our founding promise to the community is as valid today as it was over a century ago: we will care for all children in our region, regardless of the families’ ability to pay. Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research, and serve as the pediatric and adolescent, academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho – the largest region of any children’s hospital in the country.
In 2022, U.S. News & World Report once again ranked Seattle Children’s among the nation’s best children’s hospitals – for the 30th year in a row. For more than a decade, Seattle Children’s has been nationally ranked in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report. We are honored to be the top-ranked pediatric hospital in Washington and the Pacific Northwest.
As a Magnet designated institution, and classified among America’s best large employers by Forbes, we recognize the importance of hiring and developing great talent to provide best-in-class care to the patients and families we serve. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation. Whether it’s delivering frontline care to our patients in a kind and caring manner, practicing the highest standards of quality and safety, or being relentlessly curious as we work towards eradicating childhood diseases, these values are the fabric of our culture and community. The future starts here.
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children’s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.